**Properties available for sale and pricing of properties on this website may be outdated due to the swiftly changing real estate market, please contact me directly for updated and accurate home searches
The Las Vegas Union holds great strength here in the valley. Many jobs are obtained through these groups and also result in happier employees. These organizations defend the rights, treatment and salaries of their members.
DISCLOSURE: This FREE resource site contains affiliate links & ads related to items my audience is interested in. This enables me to support this site by sometimes earning a commission if you decide to make a purchase via these ads or links.
If you desire to become a cocktail waitress or bartender, you dont have to join a union, but if you like job security and the best wages in town, you may consider joining.
This is a right to work state which does not leave much by the way of protection which these groups can offer.
Helpful Las Vegas Union Information:
- Culinary Union - The culinary union has approximately 60,000 members today and they pride themselves on fighting for healthcare benefits, college educations, secure retirements and home ownership. The local Culinary union is called local 226. There are many benefits that the union offers to its members for example: 30-Day Bus Passes - Get a bus pass at a discounted rate. You have to buy your pass at the cashiers office at the union. You can call 702-385-2131 for more information .
- Any job in which alcohol will be served, such as cocktails, bartending, waitress or server for example will require a TAM card to be hired. The culinary union offers this training to its members as well.
- Scholarships. Three ($3,000) Arnold/Jones/Evans Scholarships are awarded every year. Union members or their children who are graduating high school seniors when applying are eligible to participate. For complete information, Call (702) 386-5272.
- Entertainment Discounts - Discounts are available for fun and fit activities such as: Gold's Gym memberships, Sea World, Legoland, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, San Diego Zoo and The Wild Animal Park. Discount Tickets are available at the union Cashiers office. Call for detailed information (702)385-2131.
- Plumbers and Pipefitters - This organization is for: Plumbing, pipefitting, HVAC, refrigeration, medical gas, pipelines. Energy Members are required to graduate from the UA Internationals certified and accredited Joint Apprenticeship Training Program which produces the best Journeymen in the industry. This 5-year apprenticeship program requires over 1,200 hours of classroom education from certified instructorsnot to mention the on the job training requirements. This means that you have the most qualified workforce at your disposal, protect your investment by being and hiring the best.
- Bartenders United Local #165 - You will have to pay dues to join, but the rewards can be well worth it. You get great training, health benefits, pension benefits and housing benefits.
- Carpenters Union and joint apprenticeship Fields of service: Framing, Wood & Metal; Ceilings, Suspended & Glue-up; Lathing; Pedestal Flooring; Concrete forms, Columns, Walls, Slabs, Tilt-ups, etc; Doors & Hardware; Cabinet Installation; Plastic Laminates; Interior Finishes, Welding; Blueprint Reading.
I have several resources for employment on my Las Vegas Employment. Feel free to email or call with any suggestions that I can add to help people find employment from a Las Vegas Union.
Return to Jobs in Las Vegas from "Las Vegas Union".
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Build A Site Like This
©2008 Live in Las Vegas, NV - All Rights Reserved