Las Vegas Information - travel guide, weather forecast, yellow pages, living here
**Properties available for sale and pricing of properties on this website may be outdated due to the swiftly changing real estate market, please contact me directly for updated and accurate home searches
Las Vegas information from a local, no better resource, you get the visitors and locals perspective. Get stats, employment, weather, things to do, living here and more.
DISCLOSURE: This FREE resource site contains affiliate links & ads related to items my audience is interested in. This enables me to support this site by sometimes earning a commission if you decide to make a purchase via these ads or links.
- Over 603,488 residents of Las Vegas and growing, this does NOT include nearby Henderson City which has more than 270,000! Nor does it include North Las Vegas which is 242,975 at the time of this writing. Residents of these cities as well as other cities nearby such as Boulder City all spend time in Las Vegas proper as well. It really is a small valley. Out of my window on the hill, I can pretty much see the whole thing from mountain to mountain.
- Approximately 40-50,000 people relocate to Las Vegas and its surrounding areas each year. This number stays strong because the city is constantly re investing in the growth. For example, as a local, every time I turn around, there is a new sports arena and team, a new restaurant, new entertainment, new schools, sports programs, new industrial buildings and factories as well as many parks and recreational areas. There are so many benefits to the area.
- Nevada is one of seven states without corporate and state income tax as of the time of this writing. It should go without saying that the City prides itself on using tourism, sales taxes and special revenue taxes to assist it's financial strength and this tax savings also serves as a very attractive perk for businesses and individuals considering relocation.
- Las Vegas has some of the best schools and is the 5th largest school district with over 320,000 students. I am not sure what to compare them to though as far as public schools go. Many win awards and can be researched on our County school site CCSD.net which contains zoning (you must live in the zoned area of the school), ratings and information on the schools. My son goes to a private Christian school just because I enjoy the smaller class sizes, the accountability, and the family feel. We have our share of weapons showing up at some schools, arrests, murders and suicides just like everyone else. But, I do feel for the amount of students we have, those numbers and occurrences are fairly low.
- Gaming was legalized in 1931 - founded in 1905, this town was just a place to stop over from your travels between Utah and Los Angeles. Gaming was established as a revenue source to build the economy and help the town prosper. For a very nice brief history of Gambling in Las Vegas, visit this great article by The El Cortez Hotel and Casino.
- The current employment market is strong compared to other parts of the country - you can visit our page Find a Job in Las Vegas and from there we have so many other links and resources to the employment pages of the hotels, casinos, city, law enforcement and pretty much anything you want to be, we have a jobs resource for it.
- Las Vegas does not experience weather extremes, like snow, hurricanes, or frost. Here is a practical guide on everything from adjusting to temperatures to registering your pet on the City of Las Vegas Living in Las Vegas Tips.
- Las Vegas is only 4-5 hours away from the West Coast and all it has to offer
Las Vegas Information - Yellow pages phone book
Or..Yellow Book, our local Yellow Pages is published by DEX and the online version can be found right here! We also publish a Yellow Book.
For a complete written guide of Las Vegas Information from an expert that is full of stats facts, maps, pick up a copy of one of these complete guides:
A few fun facts ..
There are many fun facts that can be entertaining to read about, especially while traveling to Las Vegas. A few off the top of my head are:
- There are 1701 licensed gambling venues in Las Vegas and that number only continues to grow
- 169,370 is the number of slot machines within the city limits. You will find them at the airport, gas stations, Laundromats, restaurants, and even some public bathrooms! This number used to be over 200,000. Whats going on?
- 15,000 pillowcases are washed daily for just one large casino/hotel
- There is a monorail system that runs the length of the Strip
- An average hotel room costs about $119.00
- 222 couples are married daily in Las Vegas
This is just a small sampling of the gathered fun facts about Las Vegas. There are more stories and facts about the actual casinos, hotels, restaurants, and more; including ghost stories.
Visit here for a complete video history of Las Vegas starting in the 1900's from mobs to "The Entertainment Capital of the World".
Information Resources for Las Vegas
Besides just reading endless books, checking out websites, or watching informational DVDs, the Chamber of Commerce is an excellent source of Las Vegas information. The chamber can point you to:
- All the pertinent visitor information
- Employment opportunities
- Community events
- Relocating information
- Business links
- And much more...Visit the Chamber
If you want or need some Las Vegas information then you will not be disappointed. There are endless facts and figures about one of the most entertaining cities of the world.
Las Vegas Blogs
Las Vegas YP Directory - a great resource for Las Vegas Information!
Visit Las Vegas - Looking for a vacation, things to do or real estate and relocation, this is your amazing resource from a local
Return to "City Of Las Vegas" from "Las Vegas Information".
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Build a Site Like This | Advertise with Us
©2008 Live in Las Vegas, NV - All Rights Reserved